Sunday 29 June 2014

Lacey motorbike jacket

For this jacket I was inspired by this pin from Burberry.
Sonja Style: Lace & Denim;
Red & Blue

I love the sweet, romantic sense of lace in combination with the asymmetrical shape and the tough character of motor jackets. To enhance the contrast of the sturdiness of a motor jacket with the beautiful structure of lace, I chose for a jacket made out of stretch denim and lace. Furthermore to enhance the contrasts between the inside and outside I chose for red colours at the inside and blue colours with red details at the outside.
Sonja Style: Lace & Denim;
Red Details

The pattern I have used for the basis comes from Knipmode, yet I have changed a lot of things. I have ad the yoke below, for example, to make it a little longer. I also narrowed the fit.

I had a lot of problems to place the sleeves and solved them in the end, by decreasing the sleeves two sizes.



You can see the result below.

Sonja Style: Lace & Denim
Sonja Style: Lace & Denim






No comments:

Post a Comment